A global healthcare leader with a focus on medical devices and health care is looking for a Utilities Engineer & Senior Utilities Engineer to join their team in the greater Columbus, Ohio area.
As a utility engineer, you will:
- Provide technical support / leadership on engineering and design, front end planning, implementation, optimization, commissioning and validation of facility and utility equipment, systems, and mechanical / electrical infrastructure.
- Support / lead the technical execution of multiple concurrent medium- to large-size capital projects for plants in North America.
- Plan and develop utility/facility project scope, budget/cost, manufacturability and constructability, risks, schedule, and commissioning/validation considerations while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Provide technical support to the North America manufacturing sites, including existing system issues as well as design optimization as part of continuous improvement.
- Act as a technical influencer to senior leadership and stakeholders for business initiatives.
- Interface cross functionally to establish and achieve energy management (ISO 50001) and sustainability associated targets for energy, water, and carbon emissions.
Experience / Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (preferably mechanical or chemical engineering).
- Starting at 2+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience with implementation of capital projects.
- Professional Engineer licensure in the USA or Canada (Preferred)
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of utility systems and infrastructure such as boilers/steam/condensate, nitrogen, compressed air, chilled water, HVAC, refrigeration (ammonia preferred), cooling tower, water filtration and purification (Reverse Osmosis, Carbon Filtration, Ultrafiltration, UV, etc), wastewater pretreatment (preferred).