Role & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to Senior Material Specialist, provide technical engineering support to the material development process.
- Execute new material development tasks (mainly horizontal/vertical injection molding, extrusion compounding) from concept to testing, working closely with internal teams and vendors.
- Operation of horizontal and vertical injection molding machine.
- Coordinate with all relevant parties to ensure schedule and milestones are on track.
- Lead project meetings with all concerned parties, tracking follow ups.
- Coordinates with manufacturing facilities to resolve production related matters.
- Maintain an archive of material specifications and signed samples.
- Maintain an archive of engineering documents such as BOM, MSDS, etc.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Occasionally assist teammates of laboratory to complete testing.
- Provide technical support to R&D, production and quality teams on Quality Assurance and Quality Control efforts.
- Tertiary education or equivalent, in product/production engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3 years relevant engineering/manufacturing experience, preferably gained from injection molding.
- Technical know-how and seasoned experience of plastic injection molding. With know-how of extrusion is preferred.
- Experience in apparel/backpack goods manufacturing is an advantage.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Creo, Solidworks, Illustrator is a preferred.
- Located in Hong Kong
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English & Mandarin is essential.
- Well versed in PC applications, in particular MS Office i.e. Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, well-organized and possess the ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills. Attention to detail is a must.
- Positive attitude and team player mindset.