A world class chemicals company is currently looking for a Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Indirects) to join their team.
What will be expected from you:
- Evaluate external markets for competitive sources of supply, conducting market research and using benchmarking data to qualify potential sources.
- Execute category sourcing strategies including development and execution of sourcing events (RFx, reverse auctions, etc.); document bid process through supplier communication; drive the selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations; and ongoing supplier management.
- Aggressively manage category performance by following internal Savings goals and reviewing financial models for commodity type items. Ensure spend portfolio is balanced through coordinated sourcing waves and leveraged with other sourcing activities.
- Develop negotiation strategies, gain alignment from stakeholders, lead cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implement appropriate supplier risk analysis.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or related field.
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master's) preferred.
- 8+ years progressive operational experience in procurement, sourcing or supply chain management.
- Experience in business analysis, market research, financial analysis, procurement/supply chain analysis, supplier performance management, analytics (multi-dimensional analysis, spend analysis, master data management, predictive analysis, visualization).
- Experience developing RFPs/RFXs.
- Strategic Sourcing experience in capital projects, waste services, maintenance, etc.