*CANDIDATES MUST HAVE EXPERTISE ACROSS INDIRECT CATEGORIES WITH A FOCUS ON CAPEX, MRO*
A growing chemical manufacturing industry leader is currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join their team in Cincinnati, OH. This pivotal role will be responsible for managing and developing procurement strategy for multiple indirect categories, with a focus on CAPEX, MRO, and general services. You will balance strategy with execution to optimize costs, lead negotiations, and enhance supplier relationships. This role provides plentiful opportunities for domestic travel, high visibility, and internal growth.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing category strategy for indirect goods and services, primarily CAPEX, MRO, and broader services, as well as IT, Energy, HR, etc.
- Working as an individual contributor on a team with a $600M total spend following a strategic global transformation towards centralization.
- Overseeing key supplier relationships and contract negotiation, especially regarding cost, quality, service, and delivery commitments.
- Leading strategy development for risk management and supplier enablement to maximize spend transactions, avoid disruptions, and reduce costs.
- Conducting global strategic sourcing projects with approx. 300M spend responsibility across categories.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 9+ years of experience in primarily indirect procurement/purchasing.
- Proficiency in procurement software and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- SAP/SAP Ariba expertise strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of leading strategic decision making, complex negotiation, and cost reduction on a global scale.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational abilities with strong financial acumen.
- Opportunities for internal growth and development with high stability, autonomy, and visibility.
- This role is eligible for competitive base, bonus, PTO, insurance, and retirement benefits.
- On-site in Cincinnati, OH with later opportunities for hybrid flexibility.
- 10-20% domestic travel.
If you are interested in the Strategic Sourcing Manager role, do not hesitate to apply today!