A leading global biotech pharmaceutical company is looking for a goal oriented and analytical Strategic Sourcing Manager to sit in their Allendale, NJ office on a hybrid schedule. This manager will partner with stakeholders to help generate savings as well as add value to this innovative growing company. They will do the sourcing and procurement strategy for all incoming services and materials revolving about support manufacturing, facilities, MSAT, engineering, and quality control. If this is something that you think you'd be a good fit for and want to learn more about it, please reach out!
Some responsibilities include…
- Maintain and build supplier relationships
- Negotiate contracts which includes pricing, terms of business, and conditions
- Focus on cost reduction, while leveraging market knowledge of suppliers who will help with business growth and profitability
- Utilize strategic sourcing and problem solving to mitigate risk, assure regular flow of supplies, resolve any supplier issues
- Manage information request which may include quotes, proposals, the bidding process, etc.
What you will need…
- Minimum of 7 years in category management and strategic sourcing experience
- BA/BS degree in chemistry, biology, engineering, or related field is preferred
- 5+ years of industry experience in a manufacturing environment in biotech, medical device, or pharmaceuticals is preferred
Advantages in candidate profile…
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Comfortable working with different management levels and multiple functions
- Strong skills in contract negotiations, Microsoft Office applications, Excel, and Microsoft Project