- Conduct analysis to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve supplier performance.
- Implement sourcing strategies, including managing contracts for direct and indirect expenses.
- Ensure suppliers are following their contracts and address any unresolved issues.
- Use cost modeling to develop optimal negotiation strategies.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement through standardized processes and regular performance review.
- Enhance sourcing KPIs and report on their accuracy.
- Meet or exceed performance goals set by your supervisor.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Ability to perform all assigned duties.
- Use analytical skills and judgement to solve problems and improve supplier performance (with supervision).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of commercial and legal terms and ability to negotiate.
- Ability to work effectively with internal customers and upper management.
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong data analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Understanding of supply chain management concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiarity with Category Management and Strategic Sourcing methodologies is preferred.
- Background in mechanical, rotating equipment, or industrial manufacturing is a plus.
- Knowledge of ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP, or JD Edwards is preferred.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or industrial engineering is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a supply chain or related role is required.