Strategic Senior Buyer - MRO & CAPEX
- Atlanta, GA
Our client, a leading retail and e-commerce organization is seeking a Strategic Senior Buyer to manage the purchasing of MRO, Capex, and site supplies across 3 different sites in the US while also working heavily with business stakeholders and supplier.
The Strategic Senior Buyer will also play a key part in the expansion and development of the team's procurement function, and our client is looking for a very strategic buyer who can hit the ground running upon joining the organization! The successful individual in this role wll have the runway for growth and a path straight to a director role within 5 years of joining the business.
The Strategic Senior Buyer - MRO & CAPEX will have the following responsibilities:
- Support Category Leads in configuration and execution of sourcing events (RFI/RFP)
- Research alternate suppliers and negotiate pricing based on forecasting from end users
- Develop, maintain and actively manage relationships with key strategic suppliers to optimize total cost of ownership
- Assist with the development of investigations and root cause analyses on any supply disruptions or material quality related issues
- Maintain SAP system purchasing data to ensure MRP requirements are generated in a proper manner and utilize SAP planning tools to evaluate scheduling and take proactive steps to ensure continuity of supply.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 5-10 year's of sourcing/procurement experience
- Strong contract negotiation skills
- Prior MRO, Capex, and or/ janitorial supplies sourcing experience required
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred)