I am currently representing a global market leading insurance company based in Cologne that is seeking to hire a Strategic Buyer within their IT & Professional Services team. The company employs more than 50, 000 people and provides a wide range of insurance services in over 200 countries globally.
Within this position, you will be responsible for developing the purchasing strategy and implementing the procurement measures with providers and suppliers.
- You create category strategies independently and continuously develop them from a qualitative and commercial point of view
- You design a conceptual strategic supplier management including supplier control and development
- Ensure the preparation and execution of tenders and the negotiation of commercial conditions and SLAs with service providers
- Your area of activity will also include conducting negotiations with selected service providers and advising and supporting the departments, taking into account international standards
- In addition to working closely with the departments, as well as with international colleagues, you will initiate new projects to achieve corporate goals
- You are jointly responsible for achieving the Savings goals and other goals resulting from the specialist function
- By working closely with internal customers, you make it your task to strengthen the role of purchasing as a value-added partner for the departments
- You have a degree in business or economics, are alternatively a fully qualified lawyer or business lawyer, business IT specialist or have a comparable education
- Building on this, you have already gained several years of professional experience in indirect strategic purchasing and have knowledge of the GDPR
- You also have in-depth knowledge of the IT & EPS supplier market and the drafting of contracts with service providers and you will find creative and innovative procurement approaches
- Good communication skills, negotiating skills and assertiveness characterise you, and you convince with your confident personality
- Very good knowledge of German and English
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, or any other potential roles that may be available to you then please contact me directly on: +44 203 7588 815 or Lawrence.semper-