A leading food and beverage company in Gardena, CA is currently looking to add a Strategic Procurement Specialist to their team! The Strategic Procurement Specialist is responsible for developing strategies that support corporate initiatives as they relate to costing, Business Continuity Planning, supplier development, and innovation/renovation.
- Designs sourcing strategies that improve cost, continuity of supply, quality, service, and transparency of spend.
- Analyzes and develops a deep understanding of the supply markets, including external economic factors which influence those markets.
- Interprets market information for translation into the monthly forecasts, including identification of financial risks and opportunities.
- Maintains, consolidates, and improves relationships with existing suppliers to ensure continuity of supply, manage criticalities and strengthen common objectives.
- Develops new/alternative suppliers to drive improvement in the areas of ensured supply, total delivered cost, service, and technologies.
- Establishes and maintains proactive communication with internal stakeholders to identify and deliver against cost saving opportunities.
- Collaborates with Marketing and R&D to help drive innovation and commercialize new products.
- Demonstrates functional expertise in online RFP (Request for Proposal), RFQ (Request for Quotation), RFI (Request for Information).
- Works closely with business functions and key stakeholders on new products from both a cost and a sourcing position.
- Analyzes markets closely to ensure below or at market pricing and identify supplier differentiations.
- Presents sourcing strategies that align with corporate objectives to senior leadership.
- Manages multiple suppliers against cost, quality standards, and delivery targets.
- Experience with working with international suppliers and with import processes and regulations.
- Familiarity with indirect spend category management, negotiations, and contracting.
- Excellent teaming, communication, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- 3 (three) plus years of strategic procurement experience with a CPG or Food and Beverage company.
- Demonstrated success in category management, delivery against of cost savings and ensure supply targets.
- Experience in strategic management of indirect spend categories.
- APICS/CPIM/CPSM certification strongly preferred.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Access, ERP, strong project management skills, data analysis, excellent written and verbal communication skills,
Our client is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability.