We have a current opportunity for a Sr. Sourcing Manager (Lithium Cell) on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Austin, TX. This is an extremely great opportunity and we look forward to reviewing your resume!
The lithium Ion Cell Sourcing Manager will be responsible for international and domestic sourcing within multiple categories to achieve total cost management expertise.
- Communicating effectively with all global manufacturing facilities and suppliers to ensure timely deliveries, product quality, and continuous improvement
- Function as a central point of contact that understands both internal and external dynamics that affect development and manufacturing, providing guidance and leadership to achieve best cost, delivery, quality, service, and reliability in the industry.
- tracking market trends on commodities, exercising discretion and independent judgement, building and managing relationships, negotiating with suppliers to achieve KPIs related to cost, schedule, quality, and other requirements such as Conflict Mineral reporting
- This role will act as a liaison to the strategic suppliers/vendors and Supplier Quality with respect to root cause/corrective actions, 8D reporting, and FA approvals.
- influence engineering and architecture teams for NPI development strategy and implementation, proactively explore new programs for continuous improvements in material and process changes, and collect and formulate supply chain data.
Qualifications must include
- Bachelors degree from accredited University
- Minimum 8 years experience as Commodity Manager or similar title in purchasing environment within related industry.
- Experience involving engagement with OEM lithium contract manufacturers
- Ability to travel 40%