Senior Packaging Engineer
Location: Cordova, TN
Company Summary: A leading Food company is searching to add a Senior Packaging Engineer to its team! By continuously innovating their products to be better preforming and healthier, they have established themselves as an indispensable resource to numerous private label markets in North America. If you're interested in creating delicious products while maintaining a great work life balance, then this role is for you!
- Stays informed about latest packaging related technology, optimum material performance, and pricing value
- Offers ideas for new methods and concepts for improved packaging or cost savings
- Participates in customer visits to identify solutions or to present novel products
- Develops audits to detect development gaps and product enhancement opportunities
- Develops and supports a packaging laboratory and library
- Key stakeholder to the packaging specification database
- Continuously develops tooling qualification plans, technology transfer documentation, final package component specifications, manufacturing specifications, and information cost and savings, estimates, etc.
- Ensures specifications and data sheets are accurate and updated
- Troubleshoots packaging problems involving design, material, and processes
- Aids in development and execution of technical training sessions.
- Identifies package types or process adjustments that can drive cost savings and meet market needs
- Offers technical support ranging from leading line trials to engineering through new product development
- Bachelors in Packaging Science or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with Packaging Product Development
- Expertise in Food/Beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
- Experience with oils, dressings, sauces and condiments (preferred)
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by 22 U.S.C. § 6010
- Blue Cross Blue Shield from day 1
- 18 days PTO
- 401K match
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Hybrid flexibility after 90 days
If you are interested in the Senior Packaging Engineer position, apply today!