Title: Sourcing Manager
Summary: A multi-national electrical manufacturing company is looking for a Sourcing Manager to join their team in Austin, TX. This role will maximize purchasing volume and drive bundling activities for direct materials with the best suppliers for global businesses and cross-functional teams within procurement, collaboration, and embracing competition.
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for:
- Being a commodity expert for assigned material fields within Global Procurement used in Power Electronics Test Instruments and Systems
- Supplier Management for selection, performance, evaluations, strategic classification, and development to ensure optimum supply chain
- Focus on business specific procurement through preparing contracts
- Maintain frequent contact with internal & external partners for development
- Identify risks, opportunities, and market trends to avoid damage tailored to risk management
The Sourcing Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or similar discipline
- 8+ years in Procurement with 5 years of direct experience with project and solutions buying of materials
- Industry knowledge power electronics test instruments and systems within automotive, aerospace, defense, battery / energy storage, renewable energy and power conversion
- 3+ years electrical distribution industry or related industry experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel 20-30% domestically, with some international travel
This firm offers competitive and flexible benefit plans, along with a focus on your well-being to allow a healthy work-life balance.
- Long term incentive stock options
- 401k match and benefits
- Relocation assistance if needed
If you are interested in the Sourcing Manager role, please do not wait to apply!