Senior Strategic Buyer - Professional Services
- Tampa, FL (based in Tampa, FL)
Our client, a nationally leading veterinary healthcare organization, is looking for a Senior Strategic Buyer - Professional Services that will report into the Senior Sourcing Manager in the strategic sourcing group that sets the category development and category strategies for the purchasing organization.
The Senior Strategic Buyer - Professional Services will also play a key part in the expansion and development of the team's procurement function and will be managing the development of the strategies for professional services (majority of spend) as well as clinical supplies and other indirect services. The successful individual in this role will have the runway for growth and a path straight to a senior manager role within 5 years of joining the business, as well as the opportunity to be promoted into other areas of the supply chain.
The Senior Strategic Buyer - Professional Services will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead supplier negotiations for complex categories
- Research alternate suppliers and negotiate pricing based on forecasting from end users
- Develop, maintain and actively manage relationships with key strategic suppliers to optimize total cost of ownership
- Assist with the development of investigations and root cause analyses on any supply disruptions or material quality related issues
- Use raw data to make sound business decisions and category management assumptions
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 2-5 year's of sourcing/procurement experience (preferably indirect commodities)
- High communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- APICS certification desired