- Location: Lenoir, NC
- Working Arrangement: Onsite presence required (not a remote job)
- Level: Senior Associate
Our client, a global pharmaceuticals organization, is searching for a Buyer-Professional Services to join their corporate indirects sourcing team within their shared services group for the commercial business and report directly into the Procurement Group Head.
Buyer-Professional Services will work closely with functional leaders to plan and implement category management and sourcing strategies aligned with business objectives. A successful candidate will build a strong partnership with relative business leaders to manage demand, current and future roadmaps and vendor partnerships.
The Buyer-Professional Services will be responsible for:
- Leading strategic sourcing efforts and supplier negotiations, as well as managing contracts and license agreements to ensure that obligations are met and the process for tracking renewals or replacement of existing agreements is managed and scalable
- Developing category management strategy and building out strategy from "ground-up"
- Category management: Indirect services and commodities (i.e. Capex, MRO, Engineering Services, HR, IT, Facility Services)
- Working with legal, IT, and finance on approval of agreements per signature authorization policy
- Preparing RFQs, bid documents, analyzing and evaluating proposals, and administering the evaluation process
- Using insights from stakeholder discussions, data research, and developing a strong understanding of business initiatives to create structured information analyses
The Senior Specialist - Strategic Sourcing has the following qualifications:
- 2+ years experience in strategic sourcing
- Bachelor's Degree required
- ERP system experience
- Excellent verbal and communication skills