Senior R&D Engineer Needed for Advanced Start Up
This heavily funded Medical Device Startup is seeking a technical engineer to lead and support the design and development of innovative, new products in the Structural Heart field. The engineer will support a development team in the conception, design, development, and testing of novel devices. This individual is expected to be able to complete assigned projects with minimal supervision. This position reports to senior R&D leadership and will be accountable for the following duties:
- Design and develop complex medical devices
- Working cooperatively with product development, quality, manufacturing, and regulatory.
- Write and execute design verification/validations
- Provide engineering and technical support to pre-clinical evaluations
- Meet with physicians to evaluate design concepts and create product specifications.
- Provide technical support during feasibility clinical evaluations
- Develop new equipment and manufacturing processes in support of new product development teams.
- 5 years experience with a Bachelors' Degree in Engineering, Technical or Related Field Experience with manufacturing and R & D
- Proven track record of designing and developing medical devices
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to building relationships at all levels of the organization and cross-functionally.
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in SolidWorks/CAD