We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to join an esteemed Engineering Management team! The Senior Project Engineer will be directly accountable to the Engineering Manager and will take the lead in engineering and designing multiple vessels, with lengths ranging from 20' to 150'. Managing a diverse team of multi-discipline engineers and designers, the Senior Project Engineer will play a crucial role in mentoring and guiding junior team members to excel within Metal Shark, fostering their expertise and potential for future leadership.
To be considered for this role, candidates should possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, or another Engineering Discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the marine industry, particularly in the design and/or production of vessels under 150'.
- Proficient in designing for production, with a minimum of 3 years of Project Engineering or Project Management experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of all aspects related to aluminum vessel design and construction, including structures, stability criteria, and compliance with Classification Society rules (ABS, DNV, USCG, etc.).
- Expertise in various systems, such as electrical, mechanical, and aluminum fabrication, with a strong focus on engineering and design for production.
- Familiarity with software applications including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook), Rhino, GHS, Solidworks, and ShipConstructor.
The Senior Project Engineer will take on the following key responsibilities:
- Collaborate in engineering planning and develop, maintain, and adhere to project schedules. Coordinate with the engineering planner to ensure appropriate resource allocation and task sequencing, while supporting Production and Supply Chain with timely engineering deliverables.
- Identify and address high-risk areas during the design phase to mitigate potential issues that could impact the project's schedule and quality. Keep the VP of Engineering informed about any critical concerns.
- Facilitate communication between supply chain and engineering disciplines to ensure that required information and data are provided before the start of detailed production engineering.
- Provide final approval on design drawings, actively resolving any discrepancies or incomplete work as needed.
- Monitor and control engineering budgets, making use of Cost Performance data to adjust schedules, resources, and priorities accordingly.
- Familiarize with and manage the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) on assigned projects, explaining any deviations from satisfactory results and implementing appropriate corrective actions.
- Support Supply Chain in material procurement by identifying and driving the acquisition of long lead time materials and ensuring smooth turnover of Bill of Materials (BOM) data.
- Offer expert oversight on the project's contract language and specifications while approving drawings and BOMs, ensuring compliance with the specified requirements.
- Attend Project Kickoff Meetings and follow-up sessions, providing relevant Field Engineering support.