Title: Senior Process Automation Engineer
Company: Sustainable Chemicals
Location: Atlanta GA
Summary: A global chemical company is searching to add a talented Process Automation Engineer to its team in Marietta GA. With over 100 years of experience, this industry leader has been integral to the water treatment and energy industries and has won awards for their environmental responsibility. If you're interested in taking ownership over DCS systems in a highly visible role, this role is for you!
* BS in Electrical/Electronic/Instrumentation OR Chemical Engineering
* Minimum 3 years of experience with hands on management of DCS systems (Siemens S7 preferred, Emerson DeltaV, Honeywell Experion, ABB, Foxboro, etc.)
* Experience within manufacturing- chemicals and pharmaceutical industry preferred
* Experience within batch processing facility - preferred
* Take ownership over site's Siemens PCS7 DCS systems, including troubleshooting, programming, and general maintenance.
* Develop and maintain a comprehensive plan to support and sustain process automation assets, including system upgrade planning and system backups for recovery and disaster recovery purposes.
* Serve as a proficient systems administrator, managing the process control area network and ensuring its optimal performance.
* Identify and implement necessary cybersecurity measures to safeguard our process automation assets from potential threats.
* Take full ownership of the automation improvement program as the Process Automation Owner, identifying improvement opportunities, conducting value assessments, and prioritizing initiatives accordingly.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gain basic knowledge of unit operations and develop software solutions for the Distributed Control Systems (DCS) systems, supporting day-to-day operations.
* Enhance process automation performance metrics through effective alarm management, reduction of manual interventions, and monitoring and correction of Safety Instrumented System (SIS) trips.
* Devise innovative process control strategies, such as Sequential Function Charts (SFCs) and Batch Automation, to optimize plant operations and improve efficiency.
* Document and manage a prioritized work list for process automation
* Competitive base salary
* 10% minimum bonus
* Relocation Assistance
* Medical/ Dental/ Vision
* Career advancement
* Tuition Reimbursement
If you enjoy taking ownership over process automation and would like to have a tangible impact on your company's success, apply today!