Are you an energetic and passionate analytical engineer? Does being able to work on Diesel, Natural Gas, and Battery Electric trucks sound like a challenge you would enjoy? Does the opportunity to work for a global company in an industry that impacts everyday lives? Then this Senior CFD Role might be for you!
Location: Greensboro, NC - Full Relocation provided
- Conduct CFD analysis of components, sub-systems (e.g: heat exchangers, exhaust systems, air intake systems etc.) and complete vehicle under-hood thermal simulations
- Conduct technical research, post-process and analyze CFD results, write engineering reports and provide design recommendations to identify and rectify potential design issue, and improve existing designs
- Work with engineering, testing and project teams to plan, develop and coordinate test plans, provide instrumentation roadmaps and interpret test data to make design recommendations
- Synthesize information from a variety of resources (simulation/test results, technical requirements, historical data etc.) and identify areas of improvement for various functional aspects of heavy duty trucks, and form actionable technical recommendations for stakeholders across the engineering organization
- Lead cross-functional engineering and CAE teams to rectify potential design flaws and drive solutions from concept stage to final production
- Perform validation studies comparing CFD results to experimental data and improve current methodologies
- Coordinate with global CFD/technical strategy teams on developing/improving simulation strategies
- Own the analysis until there is an acceptable outcome from all project stake-holders
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 8-12+ years of in CFD; experience in automotive cooling airflow, thermal management and aerodynamics is considered a plus.
- Strong background in fundamentals of fluid dynamics, heat transfer and thermodynamics
- 5+ years' experience in use of commercial CFD software such as PowerFLOW, StarCCM or Fluent, and TaiTherm is a must
- Experience in 1D simulation tools such as GTSuite, Kuli or Amesim, Matlab/Simulink, etc. for flow calculations, especially running coupled CFD/1D simulations is a plus
- Highly experienced in Linux OS and use of HPC systems for submitting and monitoring CAE jobs