HYBRID Senior Electronics Engineer Opportunity - Test Equipment
What you'll do:
- Design, develop and formally validate electronics hardware and software for production testing of medium to high volume microprocessor based embedded systems manufactured in overseas plants.
- Write and implement formal test plans for products to be tested.
- Analyze test methods and process flows to optimize test coverage and cost, taking into account setup times, reliability, repeatability, handling, fixturing, etc.
- Supervise the construction of test equipment, using additional resources when necessary.
- Commission and validate test equipment in production facilities worldwide, traveling internationally when required (typically 2-3 weeks/year).
- Compile and publish proper and comprehensive documentation for all test equipment.
- Train test operators and technicians.
- Provide guidance and assistance to product development engineers and take responsibility for all aspects of production testing for those products under design. Attend and contribute to New Product Concurrent Engineering team meetings.
- Remotely monitor test yields, investigate problem areas, and implement solutions.
- Inform supervisor of all unusual circumstances and perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related subject.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an Electronics design role, preferably with experience in the use of PC based I/O and data acquisition systems.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in software development using C, C++ or C#. Labview experience a plus.
- Experience in database design and manipulation an advantage