Title: Senior Buyer
Summary: A global leader in innovation in the aerospace and industrial sectors is seeking a highly driven and qualified Senior Buyer to lead their procurement team. You will be located directly north of the exciting and always bustling Chicago, IL. You will play an integral role as a main contributor to influence and lead change.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for
- Planning, scheduling, releasing, and managing purchases under the direction of COE procurement as required.
- Developing and maintaining communication channels between various departments and establishing an efficient work flow in the supply chain to directly support the customer.
- Leading a team of training level 1 Buyers/ Planners, in addition to internal and external suppliers.
- Continuously analyzing planning parameters (i.e. Lead times, lot sizes, order quantities, and safety stock) and implementing improvements.
- Managing and leading CI-/ Lean- projects.
The Senior Buyer should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Buyer/Planner in a Government Contracting Environment with a tactical purchasing function.
- Purchasing experience in electronics and technology.
- Impeccable leadership and communication abilities in leading/ overseeing level 1 Buyers/ Planners and internal/ external suppliers.
- Expertise and knowledge of WISE/ Cincom/ SAP and ability to use Woodward MRP system.
- Experience in working with multiple pieces of machinery.
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Growth and promotion opportunities!
- A company that CARES- about each individual and our current state of the world!
If you're ready for an exciting opportunity, then apply now!