Title: Regional Director, Operational Excellence
Industry: Food Commodities
A leader in the Food and Agriculture industry is seeking an experienced Regional Director, Operational Excellence to join a Global Lean Transformation team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Global leadership team and develop the long-term Lean Deployment strategy for North America. This position requires a minimum of 5+ years of experience in the Food or Beverage industry and 10 years of Lean Manufacturing.
This role will require heavy travel across 29 US Manufacturing facilities. Given the travel requirements for this role, qualified candidates can be based anywhere in the US.
- Responsible for deploying a regional Operational Excellence strategy leading to world class value chain process.
- Will act as the lead Change Agent for both corporate and site based transformation initiatives
- Responsible for driving OPEX initiatives across a variety of business units and functions - Manufacturing, supply chain, engineering, sales, etc.
- Actively engage with senior leadership as well as shop floor employees
- Drive a culture change centered around continuous improvement
- Eliminate complex bottlenecks for clients and develop long term culture of accountability and improvement
- Lead all site based continuous improvement efforts through the use of LEAN tools (Kaizen, 5S, Standard Work, TPM, Visual Management, etc)
- Build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement by ensuring the effective functioning of transformation activities aligned to a Lean Operating System.
- Serve as subject matter expert and continuous improvement (Kaizen) leader for the region
- Build a formal Continuous Improvement team and standardize Continuous Improvement efforts across multiple sites
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Business, or Operations - MBA preferred
- 10 years' Lean Transformation experience
- Minimum of 5 years working in the Food & Beverage or Packaging industry is a must
- Must have extensive experience with the following: TPM, VSM, Visual Management, SMED, 5s, Standard Work.
- Must have proven experience leading formal Kaizen events leading to significant cost savings
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or formal Lean certification is preferred
- Ability to travel 50%+
Candidates must be fully authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.