Quality Systems Engineer - for a leading Plastics Company
- Quality Systems Engineer
- Reading, PA
A leading Plastics company is seeking a Quality Systems Engineer - who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have quality engineering, manufacturing systems or quality systems analysist experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Quality Systems Engineer - will assure reliable quality of production by developing good manufacturing, validating, testing, and documenting procedures throughout manufacturing sites. This role will achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing data and analysis to strategic plans and evaluations. Responsibilities will also include organizing and fulfilling action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, customer-service standards, identifying problems, resolving problems, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
The Quality Systems Engineer - should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and/or Engineering required.
- 4 - 8+ years' experience in a quality engineering, manufacturing systems or quality systems analysist role is required.
- Familiarity working in a manufacturing environment that use a major ERP system (Infor preferred, Kore, SAP etc.).
- Understanding working with or developing workflows for a PDM/PLM system (Solidworks PDM PRO, Creo Windchill) preferred.
- MS Power Platform skill with some SQL database development understanding.
- A solid knowledge of ISO Standards
- 6-Sigma Green Belt certification preferred.
The Quality Systems Engineer - will:
- Assist the development, maintenance, and improvement of the Quality Management Systems
- Build, implement, and administer Solidworks PDM Pro workflows and user accounts.
- Create and administer Bartender label printing application and/or custom label printing applications.
- Lead the organization in the advancement and application of corrective and preventive action systems to improve overall QMS and quality results.
- Function as part of a team driven to identify, develop and deliver innovative solutions, that constantly improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Verify programs, policies and procedures to evaluate precision, accuracy and capability of processes, products, production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Utilize industry best practice to policies, processes, and procedures as they relate to the Quality Management System and Environmental Manage System
- Lead the development or correction of quality procedures, work instructions, and forms as assigned
Lead change initiatives that align with organizational objectives and quality standards.