Quality Engineer II - for a leading Automotive Company
- Quality Engineer II
- Hagerstown, MD
A leading Automotive company is seeking a Quality Engineer who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Quality Engineering experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Quality Engineer II - develop positive relationships with our customers, while contributing to their success. We are seeking someone who understands the importance and the impact of quality and acts quickly to mitigate risks. This role is responsible for fostering a Continuous Improvement culture to better understand our customer needs, leading to higher customer satisfaction, and higher employee engagement.
The Quality Engineer II - should have the following skill set:
- The ideal candidate for this position has a bachelor's degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in quality, manufacturing, engineering or technical service.
- Excellent communication skills to work cross-functionally with both our customers and production teams to establish a trustworthy network.
- Problem-solving expert with a strong customer focus.
- Understanding of customer impact to aid in proper decision making.
- Knowledge of lean methodology concepts and quality tools to coach and grow the competencies of production quality teams.
- Knowledge of both heavy-duty powertrain components and assembly processes.
The Quality Engineer II - will:
- Understand every aspect of the plant's operations (from receiving to material handling to manufacturing to packaging to shipping) and maintain all workflow processes for each product line
- Communicate with vehicle assembly plants, internal customers, and suppliers regarding Powertrain Production Quality concerns, as the representative of the Hagerstown facility.
- Coordinate and participate in problem solving teams to resolve incoming customer claims, while supporting our internal customers and suppliers.
- Analyze, prioritize, document, and follow up on all quality issues affecting company vehicle assembly plants
- Lead problem solving efforts related to recurring production issues by utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Assist with Project and Product Audit activities, as needed
- Drive Continuous Improvement through the use of Kaizens