Director of Procurement
We are a leading aerospace manufacturing company, at the forefront of delivering state-of-the-art solutions to the aviation industry. Our commitment to technological advancements, quality, and safety has solidified our position as a key player in the aerospace sector. As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Procurement to oversee procurement activities across our two key locations in Oklahoma and Colorado.
The Director of Procurement will be responsible for leading and optimizing procurement operations at our aerospace manufacturing facilities in Oklahoma and Colorado. This strategic leadership role requires an individual with a deep understanding of procurement processes, supply chain management, and an exceptional ability to build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders. The successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring the availability of quality materials, components, and services while driving cost efficiencies and supporting our organization's growth.
- Develop and Implement Procurement Strategies: Collaborate with executive leadership to establish procurement strategies aligned with the company's overall objectives, ensuring effective sourcing and procurement of materials, components, and services.
- Supplier Management: Oversee the identification, evaluation, and selection of suppliers, negotiating favorable terms and conditions, and maintaining productive, long-term relationships to ensure a stable supply chain.
- Cost Optimization: Continuously monitor market trends, engage in price negotiations, and implement cost-saving initiatives without compromising quality or delivery timelines.
- Contract Management: Lead contract negotiations, review and manage supplier contracts, and enforce compliance to secure favorable terms and mitigate potential risks.
- Supply Chain Resilience: Develop and execute risk management strategies to enhance the resilience of the supply chain, identifying and mitigating potential disruptions.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with engineering, production, quality assurance, and logistics teams to understand their requirements, align procurement strategies, and support timely project delivery.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess procurement performance, drive continuous improvement, and present regular reports to the executive leadership team.
- Compliance and Ethics: Ensure adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements related to procurement activities, while upholding the company's ethical standards.
- Team Leadership: Team of 7 direct reports. Provide strong leadership and mentorship to the procurement team, fostering a culture of accountability, collaboration, and professional development.
- Budget Management: Manage the procurement budget effectively, ensuring optimal utilization of resources while maintaining financial discipline.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- In lieu of degree, able to consider candidates with extensive aerospace experience.
- Proven experience of at least 8-10 years in procurement, sourcing, or supply chain management, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role.
- Experience in the aerospace manufacturing industry is highly desirable.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills, with a track record of achieving cost savings and supplier performance improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop high-performing procurement teams.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement best practices, market trends, and industry regulations.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and procurement software.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.