Title: Project Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (On-site)
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- The role involves developing project timelines, managing projects, establishing user requirements and system specifications, soliciting, and evaluating vendor proposals.
- Leading the installation and qualification of equipment and assisting in the design and construction of production and facility support areas.
- Additionally, the role involves investigating equipment performance, contributing to qualification protocols, and performing equipment qualification.
- Troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic systems, and building automation controls.
- Writing, and executing change controls, and overseeing the work of junior personnel.
- Maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures, cGMPs, and SOPs.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Science/Engineering and a minimum of 5 years relevant progressive experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment within pharmaceutical, medical device or nutraceutical industries.
- Requires knowledge in mechanical design software such as SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD.
- Requires experience with and understanding of equipment controls, troubleshooting of machine systems and the installation, qualification and ongoing support of facility and utility equipment.
- Construction and related design engineering experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency with comprehensive working knowledge of MS Office products and systems such as SAP, Oracle, TrackWise and other computer relational databases.
- Detail oriented with ability analyze information, create metrics, and articulate the link to business needs/objectives.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with change control and applicable qualification and validation processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment through conflict resolution and negotiations, influence, and lead others with and/or without direct supervisory authority. Self-directed with ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Communicate effectively with strong written and oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Project management skills.