A leading ship building company in the greater New Orleans area with a massive backlog is seeking a Project Engineer to join their team! As a Project Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in managing and overseeing the engineering design aspects of projects. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, you'll collaborate with external engineering firms, Production, Program Managers, Customers, Estimating, and Sales teams to drive successful project outcomes.
- Actively participate in project kick-off meetings, ensuring alignment with schedules and strategies.
- Develop and meticulously maintain project Document Logs and Requirement Matrices, ensuring accurate distribution of Design Documents.
- Perform crucial field engineering tasks, including as-built surveys and interference resolution, as required.
- Write, review, and refine system/equipment specifications, conducting thorough systems/equipment and vendor evaluations.
- Prepare, revise, and review comprehensive technical manuals, engineering operating procedures, instructions, specifications, drawings, standards, and documentation for equipment and systems.
- Lead design reviews and effectively manage subcontract and internal engineering activities.
- Collaborate with project management and fellow project engineers to meet project requirements.
- Provide invaluable support to the Production Craft, addressing technical challenges effectively.
- A robust grasp of ship design principles, shipbuilding, and manufacturing operations.
- Strong leadership and management acumen.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated adaptability, maintaining peak efficiency and professionalism in various situations.
- Proficiency in logical reasoning to identify strengths, weaknesses, and alternative solutions to complex problems.
- Knowledge of federal regulations (USCG), international rules (SOLAS), and classification society rules (ABS).
Education & Experience:
- A degree in Engineering or a related field is required
- A solid background with 5 to 9 years of Engineering experience, or equivalent, is required.
- Prior shipyard experience in new-build vessel construction, upgrades, conversions, or repairs.
- Proficiency in technical writing and competence with Microsoft Office Tools and Software.