In this position the Production Supervisor will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager of the Plant, and will have direct supervision of 40-50 employees at one time. This person will be responsible for ensuring that all direct reports are well-trained and performing their respective job functions properly, while maintaining a clean and efficient work area. It is crucial that this individual has strong time management and hands on management skills, as well as a flexible work schedule as they will be in a fast paced production environment at all times.
- Works alongside the Quality assurance management team to ensure all direct reports are compliant with the firms Good Manufacturing Practices program (GMPs).
- Guarantee that all cooks are following established recipes and procedures to batch the product; this includes verifying water/sugar meter settings, raw material numbers, etc
- Ensures that all associates are fully trained on their respective equipment, working with staff to meet all training needs for their teams. This includes cross-training associates in the event of a vacation or extended leave.
- Implement safety-training programs that are developed by the safety coordinator to achieve plant goal of zero recordable accidents
- Must be able to devote necessary time to accommodate variable shifts, weekends, and overtime if necessary at management's discretion
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical or Managerial field preferred; relevant experience may substitute for degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Food / Beverage Production environment or similar supervisory position
- This person must be a good team player and collaborate daily to achieve maximum efficiency within production
- Must be able to navigate basic software programs including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a quick and appropriate manner
- Familiarity with LSS tools / fundamentals such as 5Why's, RCA, CIL, Process controls, etc
- Desire to work in an environment that prides itself on being agile and lean in day to day operations