Production Supervisor required for Leading Food manufacturer
Greater Kansas City area, KS
A world leader in food manufacturing that offer a variety of services and different brands within the company that has been in business for over 100 years!
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the safety and reliability of day-to-day operations in the assigned plant area. They will also be tasked with identifying and eliminating safety hazards while also implementing cost reduction plans and always driving continuous improvement values.
The Production Supervisor should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years Production/Manufacturing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership experience within manufacturing
- Knowledge and understanding of HAACP concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of Individuals at all levels of the company to achieve results
- Be active and engaged to build and promote a strong safety culture to achieve zero personal and process safety incidents (OSHA experience or certification)
The Production Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensures the assigned plant area is operating to support executing production plans to meet business demand and investigate deviations from the set plan
- Ensure the ongoing production of safe and defect free products consistent with the principles of the company. HACCP proficiency is required; this manager owns ongoing training and championing of quality goals and improvements at the Area Shift level.
- Participate in or lead investigation's regarding in safety, reliability, and customer complaints.
- Manage and direct Area Coordinators
- Implement changes in methods, equipment, systems, and organization, as needed, to assure that the objectives of the line/area are met, and give input and recommendations for such changes by using a Continuous Improvement mindset
- Identify, troubleshoot, and prescribe innovative solutions to complex operational issues
- Provide support and drive to your co-workers
- Provide and implement plans regarding plant improvement to better plant success