Location: France or the Netherlands
Our client, a European leader in Food Manufacturer is seeking a procurement professional to step in as a Procurement manager for PMO - Project management office. This candidate will be expected to liaise with relevant departments to work on big-picture procurement objectives, reporting directly to the CPO. They're seeking a dynamic intuitive candidate with excellent negotiation skills.
The company have undergone rapid expansion over the last year and has further plans to increase its footprint globally by opening more manufacturing plants and achieving higher profitability. In the last year, they have expanded their countries of operation from 5 to 7, doubled the net value of the business and opened 10 new plants in new countries. There are no plans to slow down and this role represents a chance to join a market leader in this exciting new chapter.
- Work on different procurement objectives in different areas of the business.
- Report directly to the CPO
- Drive procurement initiatives
- Be responsible for the implementation of the purchasing strategy and vision with a focus on generating substantial but an ability to act operationally as and when needed
- Ensure that development of further methods and processes in procurement is taking place
- Provide analyses for board management
- Prepare purchase contracts and ensures that purchases are made based on the Best Value for Money approach
- Ensure that the goods/services are delivered as per the agreed schedule and quality
- Communicate with all related internal and external parties regularly to ensure strong support
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a buyer/ procurement role
- Extremely good organisational skills
- Experience with Change management is preferable.
- Strategically minded but capable of being operational.
- FMCG background preferable
- Consultancy experience is looked upon favourably