A growing food services company is looking for a Procurement Manager to join their team. The procurement manager is responsible for creating a best in class purchasing department to maintain & improve supply continuity.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for:
- Creates and manages purchase orders, invoice discrepancies, and forecasts. Ensures all suppliers have consistent forecast visibility and adequate capacity.
- Responsible for purchasing packaging supplies and materials and their timely delivery to ensure production schedules are met.
- Implements mathematical models and utilize ERP tools to establish stock replenishment points, improve customer order fill rates and minimize inventory carrying cost.
- Manages supplier relationships from a tactical level
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Purchasing Department (4-6 direct reports)
- Manage the company's supply portfolio
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
The Procurement Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience in food service, packaging, and/or manufacturing industries