A leader in the Aerospace Manufacturing space is looking to add a Process Engineer to their Structures Group in the Greater Albany area. This facility manufactures large, complex contoured structural components and assemblies for aerospace and other applications.
The Composite/Metal Bond Process Engineer supports various departments (Engineering, Operations, Quality, Manufacturing and Supply Chain) through the development, evaluation, and implementation of processes related to Composites and Metal Bonding processing.
- Responsible for interpreting, implementing, and training regarding NADCAP, quality management system including ISO 9001 and AS9100 and customer requirements in the areas of coatings and chemical processing.
- Address MRB conditions for root cause, and recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Work with Operations, Quality, & Engineering to develop, modify, qualify and troubleshoot various materials, chemical, surfacing, and coating processes.
- Manage and proactively participate in developing, maintaining, training, and sharing technical knowledge in specialized areas.
- Work directly with customers and vendors to understand and formulate their technical requirements and business needs.
- Ensure proper maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Support New Product Introductions.
- B.A./B.S. degree
- 4+ years of experience related to materials & processing (Aerospace Manufacturing environment preferred).
- Lean Practitioner, ACE Associate/Practitioner, Six Sigma Greenbelt or higher, or equivalent certification (preferred).
This role is able to offer a competitive compensation package as well as relocation assistance! No sponsorship or Visa transfers offered.