Summary: A leading multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer is searching for a leadership-driven and experienced Principal Molding/Automation Engineer to join their Des Plaines, IL team. As a Principal Molding Engineer, you will be working alongside a small principal team with mentorship over a more junior group of engineers. You would be responsible for molding/automation activities to attain strategic engineering objectives, ensuring compliance with safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
Responsibilities: The Molding/Automation Engineer is responsible for design, development, implementation, and ongoing support of plastic molded parts. You will...
- Mold designs, build, and operations
- Participate in cross-functional teams to investigate and resolve molding issues
- Specify all molding cell equipment from mold, molding machines, EoAT, machine side automation, etc.
- Ensure reliability of parts molded to molding suppliers
- Establish and scientifically develop a robust molding process window by applying Scientific/Decoupled Molding methodologies utilizing design of experiment (DOE) tools and software
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of plastics molding experience
- RJG Master Molder Certification highly preferred
- Knowledge of mold design fundamentals, molding process development, plastic resin behavior and required tooling/equipmen
- Experience in a heavily regulated industry, preferably medical device
- Extensive internal growth opportunities
- 7% annual bonus
- Full and competitive benefits package with a 401k and a generous company match
- Pension plan
- People-focused environment
- Relocation package provided
If this sounds like a good fit, please apply today!