This is a hybrid position which can be based out of any of the following locations: Charlotte, NC, Nashville, TN, Mount Vernon, TX, North Vernon, IN, Findlay, OH, or Plainfield, CT.
DSJ Global is currently partnered with a leading Retail organization in the process of rapidly expanding their Supply Chain Industrial Engineering team. The Principal Industrial Engineer with provide detailed analysis for new process design, layout, technology, product slotting, and setup. The Principal Industrial Engineer will serve as subject matter expert and thought leader to the business leaders and peers in defining and implementing solutions. The Principal Industrial Engineer will also gather, analyze, and present data for key supply chain decision making.
- Identifies opportunities and analyzes elements of existing DC network to include: New processes and equipment, New item handling procedures, New storage methodologies and equipment, New and improved allocation, picking, and replenishment strategies
- Develop Engineered Labor Standards across DC network
- Serve as subject matter expert and thought leader to the business leaders and peers in defining and implementing solutions.
- Gather, analyze, and present data for key supply chain decision making.
- Actively engage with employees on the floor as well as senior leadership.
- Drive high visibility projects and implementations for dedicated process area start to finish
- Establish and implement performance measures, KPI targets and optimization tools.
- Determine efficient utilization of resources by analyzing layouts, labor force, equipment, and equipment utilization charts.
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering
- 3-5 years of Supply Chain Engineering experience
- Experience in time and motion studies, engineered labor standards development and implementation
- Experience with a warehouse management system
- Experience managing a cross-functional project from conception to implementation
- Retail industry experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and methodologies