A leading Aerospace/Defense company is looking to hire a Plant Buyer to their fast-growing team. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the segment business plan is implemented through the selection of suppliers and ensuring supplier performance and would be focusing on various categories and commodities.
If you are an individual who wants to make an impact at an internationally renowned organization in Aerospace check out the details below:
The Buyer will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare purchase requests for quotation by approved suppliers on the vendor list.
- IMAG -Identification of Material Issues, over design and shortages and using problem solving to identify & implement countermeasures.
- Contribute to segment strategy implementation
- Lead purchasing activities related to involving suppliers in development projects and looking for new partnership opportunities
- Continuously assess for quality, delivery, cost, feature, technology, sustainability, and risk management
- Develop, negotiate, and implement strategies resulting in improved supply chain performance, enhanced product quality, innovative technology, and maximum value
- Negotiate contracts for various categories / commodities including machining and raw materials
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or related
- 2-5+ years in strategic purchasing/procurement experience
- Supplier negotiation skills
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and networking skills
- Proficient with SAP & Microsoft products (Excel/PowerPoint/Access)
- Government Contract or Aerospace Industry Experience highly preferred