Planning Associate- Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Location: Greenville, NC
Our client, a leading biotechnology organization, is searching for a Planning Associate working with key supply chain, sales, and marketing members, provide guidance and coordination in key areas of the Supply Planning and Production processes to ensure consistency and high performance.
The Planning Associate creates and owns material plans in support of production needs. The successful candidate will work with cross functional teams including Project Management, Process Development, Quality, Manufacturing, Logistics and customers to develop and implement robust Supply Chain Management Plans.
The Planning Associate will be responsible for:
- Managing the demand analysts and drives process improvement initiatives, training, KPI reporting and systems
- Coordinating efforts with Purchasing and/or Quality for resolution of supplier issues
- Driving the product segmentation and alignment with the commercial teams to decide on the right supply chain setup
- Support internal and external clients on capacity analysis, line time availability and/or "what if" scenarios to assist in making sound business decision.
- Manage medium-term and long-term capacity utilization plans based on identified bottleneck (equipment or labor). Perform rough cut capacity planning activities to include level loading.
- Proactively balance demand and supply by highlighting capacity and other constraints or low utilization within the 18-month range.
- Propose solutions for capacity constraints (equipment or labor).
- Gather total demand chain planning input including customer forecast, customer interests, account plans, bids and development projects and update supply agreed into SAP.
- Managing the analytics of market dynamics, customer specific POS, new/lost business, constraints and promotional opportunities to enable recommending a demand plan with insights from cross functional teams
- Monitor supply chain key performance indicators, perform root cause analysis, implement action plans and strive for continuous improvement
The Planning Associate has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- High level communications skills
- APICS Certification and/or Supply Chain Management certification preferred
- 2+ years' experience in supply chain planning and/or S&OP activities
- 3+ years' experience with ERP systems (SAP highly preferred)
- 4-6 years' experience in manufacturing environment
- Background in chemical or manufacturing engineering