The Operations Manager will provide direct oversight, leadership, and direction to all areas of responsibility, including safety, food safety, and production.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive pay and generous benefits package
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) contributions
- Collaborative and forward thinking culture
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the manufacturing of products in compliance with company goals and objectives.
- Analyzing delivery and inventory issues and providing solutions.
- Establishing and controlling conditions of production in order to satisfy customer and quality specifications.
- Organizing and directing work flow for satisfying production requirement in a cost-efficient manner.
- Investigation and analyzing new processes, where feasible.
- Developing and motivating the cost-effective alternatives ad improvements to production process.
- Maintaining team member safety and morale by creating safe working and efficient working environment.
- Manage activities to improve team member retention.
- Managing the purchasing, stock control, and distribution, production-scheduling.
- Maintaining proper employment levels through selecting, interviewing, and training of personnel.
- Supervising entire operation of production under the guidance of plant manager.
- Performing analysis of manufacturing materials and determining optimum control levels.
- Liaising with the product line manager on planning and predicting customer orders to satisfy shipments.
- Maximizing the efficiency of production lines and ensuring the effective employment utilization
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, Meat/Food Science, or professional related experience in lieu of
- Safety first Leader who is currently a Department Manager overseeing an equivalent sized manufacturing operation, multi-plant and department management experience preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant operations experience and 5 years of department management experience. Food/Meat industry experience and understanding of USDA, FDA, OSHA, and other government regulations.
- Demonstrated decision maker with proven skills in P&L management and cost savings
- Proven integrity in the areas of plant/team member safety, quality, and food safety.
- Ability to understand the vision of the organization and translate into specific actionable plans and hold team members accountable to achieve desired results
- Proven ability to build strong teams and interact at all levels of the plant, including front line team members
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills. Recognizes opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication to varied audiences, including front line team members
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) is a preferred.