Manufacturing Operations Manager - for a leading Food Production Company
- Manufacturing Operations Manager
- Schenectady, NY
A leading food production company is seeking an Operations Manager - who is genuine, talented, and collaborative to join their ever-growing team. Do you have Management or Supervisor manufacturing experience, or enjoy providing leadership, preparation, and resources to help create a high-functioning work environment? If you answered yes to any of these questions, enjoy being part company with a steady path of evolution and are looking to take your career to the next level, then apply now!
The Operations Manager - will help lead the production activities of the facility. They will lead the team in driving a safety-first culture, developing production team talent, and hitting both short term and long term business targets around production volumes, costs, and quality.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager - should have the following skill set:
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical Engineering or an Engineering discipline from an accredited university or college highly preferred
- Highly experienced leader with 5-10 years of experience, preferably in a process-oriented operation and/or related industry (food, paper or plastic preferred).
- Proven track record of building a successful production team and collaborating with key Corporate and Supply Chain resources
- Demonstrated track record of driving team to perform to goals in safety, cost, and quality targets.
- Experience developing new products, leading substrate change or improvements
- Led large scale change efforts and have a thorough understanding of project management, continuous improvement and extensive experience in the application and implementation of Lean and High Performing Teams
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, planning skills and experience with the latest project and capital management software
- Demonstrated root cause analyses skills
The Manufacturing Operations Manager - will:
- Coach, mentor, and set goals for direct reports and their teams
- Lead the development, education, and training of new and improved manufacturing methods and creation of process standards
- Drive and sustain process improvement in manufacturing operation
- Identify and reduce sources of labor efficiency variations
- Identify and reduce product nonconformance's caused by process variation
- Utilize continuous improvement principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability; reduce overall cost and increase capacity
- Resolve manufacturing process problems through execution of proper root cause analysis
- Ability to develop and/or execute operational projects to increase performance
- Pursue continuous improvement, implementation of lean activities, for equipment efficiency, quality, and cost reduction
- Interface with cross functional leadership quality, human resources, sales, finance to help support business goal