Operations Manager opportunity for Global Chemical Distributor - Indianapolis, IN
Operations Manager Job Summary
A large multinational chemical and ingredient firm is requiring an Operations Manager to lead the day-to-day operations of their Indianapolis branch. The Operations Manager will be responsible for a multitude of functions of the branch, including but not limited to, continue developing and overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes, directing a team of supervisors, ensuring quality processes of the branch, and managing the key regulations involved with the production of chemicals.
Operations Manager Role Requirements
- High School Diploma/ GED required. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years' experience in operations
- Working knowledge of chemical operations or experience managing hazardous products
- Familiarity or strong willingness to learn governmental regulations related to the chemical industry (OSHA, EPA, RCRA, DOT, etc.)
An Ideal Operations Manager candidate will demonstrate:
- Supervisory leadership with a proven ability to manage people and effectively communicate with employees to achieve objectives
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and handle diverse and important workloads within a team-oriented environment
- High ability to make decisions and balance customer's needs and overall objectives of the company
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment and be a reliable response to emergency situations
- SAP experience is a plus!