Strategic Sourcing Manager - New Products
One of the nation's leading material sciences organizations is looking to hire multiple strategic sourcing managers for contract manufacturing, new products, and accessories/components.
These positions lead the development and execution of Global Supply Management (GSM) Strategic Sourcing strategies, policies, tactics, and objectives for assigned complex global commodities that align and are linked with the business units, commercial, supply chain and manufacturing strategies.
- Develop & assist with Strategic Sourcing plans based on forecasts of future demand and considering economic trends and conditions.
- Work w/ Buyers and GSM on assigned commodities to prepare & solicit bids, quotations, and proposals.
- Negotiates and develops relationships with suppliers to obtain max value
- Owns Supplier Relationship Management process as well as leading development of global supply intelligence for commodities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in manufacturing- operations, planning, engineering, supply management, or procurement
- Experienced plant or corporate buyer
- Experience across multiple businesses, divisions, or technologies (preferred)
- Experience in global manufacturing in project, matrix, and cross functional environments
- There are hybrid options available for this position depending on the location of the candidate.