New Production Introduction (NPI) Procurement Manager
- Location: Memphis, TN
Our client, a unique and national engineering firm focused on developing and designing the most complex areas of healthcare facilities and hospitals, is searching for a NPI Procurement Manager to join their team!
This is a newly created role on the team, created as our client is looking to bring more products internal and manufacturer them in house, thus needing a candidate with prior new product introduction or new product development experience to build the new supplier base. The successful candidate will have prior experience working on sourcing initiatives for 10-15 product lines at once, and has a deep understanding of supplier and vendor management.
The NPI Procurement Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining a sourcing strategy that supports the company's supply chain
- Forming new relationships with suppliers for both indirect services and primarily direct materials used in the products manufactured, as well as fostering and growing existing relationships
- Manage an annual budget in excess of $25M+
- Working cross functionally with legal, IT, and finance on approval of agreements that are in line with company policy
- Preparing RFQs, bid documents, analyzing and evaluating proposals, and administering the evaluation process
- Using insights from stakeholder discussions and data research, develop a strong understanding of business initiatives to create structured information analyses
The NPI Procurement Manager has the following qualifications:
- 4+ years experience in strategic sourcing
- 2+ years of NPD/NPI sourcing experience required
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Excellent verbal and communication skills