Mold Engineering Manager
Location: Charlotte Metro (Cornelius, NC)
Are you a seasoned engineering professional with a passion for leadership and a deep understanding of tire molds and manufacturing? A leading tire manufacturer is seeking a Mold Engineering Manager to lead their mold design and manufacturing team. If you're ready to take on a pivotal role in our organization, keep reading.
As the Mold Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for a wide range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Resource Management: Managing a team of engineers, designers, and technical staff.
- Hiring and Coaching: Recruiting and mentoring team members to achieve their full potential.
- Development: Promoting professional growth and skill development within the team.
- Performance Planning: Setting performance goals and evaluating team members.
- Work Allocation: Prioritizing and assigning work based on input from product planning, tire development, and manufacturing plants.
- Primary Contact: Acting as the primary contact for manufacturing plants regarding mold-related support, including mold modifications and ordering additional molds.
- Engagement with Manufacturers: Serving as the primary contact for mold manufacturers, involving procurement activities, process discussions, and addressing technical inquiries.
- Training: Ensuring training programs are available for new hires and temporary staff.
- Quality Control: Defining and maintaining quality metrics with the goal of minimizing mold errors and reworking drawings.
- Continuous Improvement: Planning and coordinating continuous improvement efforts within the mold engineering department.
- Global Coordination: Collaborating with Yokohama facilities in Japan and Thailand to implement best practices and ensure compatibility.
- Technology Recommendations: Recommending new software solutions to improve efficiency and meet customer requirements.
- Project Leadership: Leading projects aimed at closing gaps in efficiency, meeting customer requirements, and enhancing internal compatibility.
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge and skills:
- Tire Mold and Manufacturing Knowledge: An understanding of tire molds and tire manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Detail-Oriented and Self-Motivated: Exceptional attention to detail, self-motivation, and strong organizational skills.
- Communication and Collaboration: The ability to work effectively with counterparts, communicate project status and needs, and interpret priorities.
- CAD Software Proficiency: Experience with CAD software, preferably in CATIA, AutoCAD, and Inventor.
- Parametric Design and Programming: Strong knowledge of parametric design and programming techniques.
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering: A Bachelor's degree in engineering is required.
- 10+ Years of Engineering Experience: A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in tire development, mold design, or tire manufacturing engineering activities is desired.
Join them in shaping the future of tire mold engineering and manufacturing. Apply now!