Location: Billerica, MA (hybrid)
Compensation: $110,000 - $135,000 base
Mechanical Engineer needed for leading analytical instrumentation manufacturer for expanding R&D team.
One of the world's leading instrumentation suppliers is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their growing R&D department. This company has driven innovation in scientific equipment for 50 years with products in a variety of applications including life sciences, chemicals, and energy. This role will play a pivotal part in the company's plan to scale up R&D in the US as they look to stay at the forefront of innovation.
The Mechanical Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Forward-looking design and feasibility studies for new products/technologies
- Design mechanical components, assemblies, and packaging of new products
- Work with global Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, and Scientists on new product development
- Hands-on rapid prototyping
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with working in a shop environment doing rapid prototype
- Working in cross-functional teams in person and remote
- Experience with SolidWorks, PLM systems, and vacuum electronics
- (Preferred) Background designing analytical instrumentation