A top name in the world of Security Detection & Automation is seeking a Material Planning Manager who is seeking a position in a dynamic environment. The Material Planning Manager will oversee various aspects of the daily planning operation and contribute to the long-term goals of the organization by contributing to strategic projects. The Material Planning Manager Supervise the planning and ordering of time-critical material to support SD&A's manufacturing and service organizations. The successful candidate will serve as the senior planning representative in support of manufacturing and global service part demand. The Material Planning Manager will be a key stakeholder in the deployment of new enterprise planning tools and integration of future acquired businesses or technology.
- Coordinate submission of material forecasts to OEMs, contract manufacturers and strategic suppliers in concert with the procurement team.
- Act as escalation point for material concerns and develop a best practice for communication / feedback of shortages and overages
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives related to execution and planned growth, included by not limited to: procedural updates, communication pathways, improved hand-offs, inventory optimization, KPI build-out and employee training.
- Administer Power-BI queries for manufacturing and supply chain
- Serve as a CCB member and assist in determination of ECO dispositions
- Conduct inventory/material analysis for material requirements in support of manufacturing and service needs.
- Work with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure inquiries are addressed for service orders, projects or programs.
- Research and communicates production and delivery schedules.
- Conduct bill of material review and analysis.
- Work with Product Line Management, Service Technical Support and Sustaining Engineering on end of life (EOL) item lifecycle.
- Maintain reports and monitor material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
- Support the Quickbase purchase requisition process, monitors progress and communicates the proper routing throughout the materials management and sourcing process.
- Conducts follow-up with buyers, planners and requestors regarding completion of open requisitions, rework or updates as required.
- Coordinate product requirements planning with Service partners.
- Bachelor's degree or 10+ years project cost accounting, materials management, manufacturing, order management or product management.
- 5+ years Costpoint ERP experience (desired)
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Great organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a willingness to progress into tasks of greater responsibility
- Must be a US Citizen
- Prior experience in customer service, manufacturing or production environment