The principal function of this position is to assist the Plant Engineer in the management, supervision, and execution of all plant operations. To include assisting the Plant Engineer with the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
▪ Supervision and guidance of maintenance department personnel so that they understand their role and function effectively as a support unit of production.
▪ Coordinate with all departments on Maintenance Engineering Production issues.
▪ Manage, mentor, and continually develop department supervisors and crew.
▪ Schedule, implement, and document Maintenance Engineering activity on plant equipment.
▪ Determine opportunities and select methods for optimizing or upgrading existing equipment.
▪ Implement system installations to minimize production downtime and improve safety, while being cost efficient.
▪ Manage building systems maintenance and repairs to provide superior employee comfort, safety, and productivity.
▪ Inspect construction and installation process.
▪ Coordinate projects with maintenance staff.
▪ Follow and enforce safety procedures.
▪ Supervise and train maintenance staff including organizing/prioritizing/scheduling preventative maintenance work assignments.