Reporting directly to the Plant Engineering Manager, the Maintenance Engineer's responsibility is to improve the skills set of the maintenance work force, providing technical supports to plant equipment, improve/upgrading the plant automation equipment through identifying the obsolete component/system in the current equipment and assisting the Plant Engineering Manager to execute plant projects. Through supervision of the Plant Engineering Manager, this position is also assisting in managing the maintenance staff and be the fill-in for the Plant Engineering Manager during his/her absence.
Job Requirements Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
Supervising responsibilities: this position is responsible to manage the listed below personnel in the maintenance staff:
- Automation/Control technician - Direct Report
- Project technical lead technician - Direct Report
- Maintenance planner - Direct Report
- Facility Maintenance lead technician - Functional Report
- Engineering/trouble-shooter technician - Functional Report
- Identifies, initiates, coordinates, and completes strategic maintenance process improvement opportunities.
- On new assigned projects, assists with development and implementation of Control Plans, i.e. criticality, PM plan, spares, quality, maintainability and operability, etc..
- On existing assets, reviews and evaluates performance to identify systemic issues.
- Communicates with Plant Engineering Manager to ensure long-term maintenance equipment problems are appropriately investigated with solutions implemented.
- Assists with budgeting and expenditure forecasting.
- Provides technical support of operations/maintenance, e.g. trouble-shooting, turnaround scoping, spares management, etc.
- Develops and implements "Best Practices."
- Develops, implements and audits plant-wide Standard Operating and Maintenance Procedures.
- Uses analytical and engineering skills to identify and reduce / eliminate repeated equipment failures.
- Becomes knowledgeable of the manufacturing process in order to better understand the effects on plant assets.
- Assist Plant Engineering Manager to develop training plan to improve the maintenance skills set as needed.
- Administrative responsibilities include assisting with the development and tracking of departmental KPI's, maintenance of essential records and files, interpretation and provision of historical equipment cost information, and performing other maintenance-related tasks.
- Daily schedule adjustment; assists Plant Engineering Manager, Maintenance Supervisors to finalize daily/weekly schedule as needed.
- Support and Provide data/report(s) to Plant Engineering Manager as request.
- On-site Factorygram administrator. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, implementation, system maintenance, and data integrity.
- Ensure all equipment and the facility infrastructure is operated and remains in strict USDA compliance.
- Provide the proper resources to the safety program in the form of work order support, facility code compliance, and OSHA program compliance where required and ensure compliance to EPA as well as all other Federal, State and local regulations.
- Perform special assignments/project as requested by Plant Engineering Manager.
- Be the fill-in for the Plant Engineering Manager during his/her absence.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications
- S. in Engineering from an accredit university/college.
- Prefers: B.S degree in Electrical/Automation Engineering.
- Minimum of 2-year industrial experiences in a food manufacturing environment with the ability to diagnose mechanical, equipment, electrical, and utilities systems problems.
- Computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel, and other appropriate MS Office Suite applications).
- Proficient in Allen-Bradley automation control platform - PLC, HMI, Drives, etc.
- Knowledgeable in Siemens automation control platform - PLC, Drives, etc.
- Food manufacturing maintenance experience and knowledge is a significant benefit
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills: be able to handle high stress environment, last minute unexpected change/disruption from planned tasks.