An award-winning premium label company is looking for their next Lean Manufacturing Manager to join the plant leadership team. They operate across 8 industries including but not limited to automotive, chemical, food & beverage, and home care.
There are over 10,000 employees operating in 100+ facilities, across 25+ countries.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive pay and generous benefits package
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) contributions
- Collaborative and forward-thinking culture
- Work with the internal Lean team, Plant Manager, and on-site lean experts in identifying actions, standards and selecting Kaizen events and ensure proper preparation and resourcing for those events.
- Ensure the Lean activities are linked to the overall business objectives and develop a site transformation plan in collaboration with the site management team.
- Ensure pre-event training, preparation for events, development and implementation of a communication plan, post event follow-up and auditing of results, prompt delivery of required supplies and materials, and mentoring KPO team members.
- Collaborate to build and maintain the foundation for continuous improvement by guaranteeing the function of transformation activities aligned to a Lean Operating System.
- Partner and mentor manufacturing leadership in Lean techniques, resulting in transformational progress.
- Teach Lean tools to all levels of the organization (Kaizen, 5S, TPM, Set-up reduction, Standard Work, Visual Management, SQDC boards, MDI, etc.).
- Assume the role of consultant, participant, and/ or lead on Kaizen events.
- Foster a culture of moving forward in a change environment and continuously assuring buy-in and ownership at all levels.
- Maintaining overall program tracking for impact and cultural improvements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS - Engineering or Operations Management, or equivalent experience, is required.
- Five or more years of experience in plant leadership, with at least 2 years in a position responsible for driving Lean manufacturing initiatives in complex manufacturing facilities.
- Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience changing a culture to a Lean environment.
- Experience successfully leading and directing employees who are not direct reports.
- Experience in being a change agent leading complex transformational activities.
- Significant experience in implementation of complex Lean principals as they apply to multiple manufacturing operations.
- Personal experience in leading more than 25 Kaizen events.
- Proven success designing, implementing, communicating, and meeting policy deployment goals, including improving through-put, shortening cycle time, improving inventory turns and reducing supply chain costs.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- At least one (1) successful transformational experiences where Lean was used as part of the catalyst and foundation for the change- either in focused transformational leadership role or as part of the Senior Operating team driving the change. Demonstrated impact that translated to clear, bottom line performance results with step-function change.
- Formal Lean training from an ""academy"" organization - either through direct consulting experience (i.e. Shingijutsu, TBM) or via organizations with deep, well-established lean operating systems (Toyota, Danaher, etc)
- Expertise in manufacturing the particular product materials or product type within the span of control of this position.
- Private equity lean transformation experience