Location: This role can be based in France or NL
Our client, a European leader in Food manufacturers is seeking a procurement professional to step in as a lead buyer for raw materials, primarily responsible for sugar, starch and flavourings. They're seeking a dynamic intuitive candidate with excellent negotiation skills.
The company have under grown rapid expansion over the last year and has further plans to increase its footprint globally by opening more manufacturing plants and achieving higher profitability. In the last year, they have expanded their countries of operation from 5 to 7, doubled the net value of the business and opened 10 new plants in new countries. There are no plans to slow down and this role represents a chance to join a market leader in this exciting new chapter.
- Part of a team managing a spend from 80-100 million
- Drive procurement initiatives
- Be responsible for the implementation of the purchasing strategy and vision with a focus on generating substantial but an ability to act operationally as and when needed
- Ensure that development of further methods and processes in procurement is taking place
- Provide analyses for board management
- Prepare purchase contracts and ensures that purchases are made based on the Best Value for Money approach
- Ensure that the goods/services are delivered as per the agreed schedule and quality
- Communicate with all related internal and external parties regularly to ensure strong support
- Monitor vendors for quality, service and price
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a buyer/ procurement role
- Experience with Change management is preferable.
- Strategically minded but capable of being operational.
- FMCG background preferable
If interested in learning more, please apply below.