IT Category Manager
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Level: Manager
- Working Situation: Hybrid
Our client, a large and well-known Aerospace company is looking to expand their IT team and hire an IT Category Manager who will lead category and operational management of their designated spend category. Our client is looking for/needing experience within the food & beverage industry.
The IT Category Manager will identify opportunities to reduce 'Total Cost of Ownership', provide supply continuity, identify, and mitigate risks, deliver on quality and service expectations, and work with Procurement Leadership to lay down procurement category strategy for their category.
- Conduct market and risk analysis to drive category strategies.
- Build strong partnerships with internal partners to identify new opportunities for negotiated cost savings and measure business impact.
- Own vendor qualification process within category by collaborating and developing positive relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Obtain data from varied sources to identify and support fact-driven opportunities.
- Ensure analysis is accurate, comprehensive, and robust.
- Develop, implement, and manage vendor performance metrics, documents, and reporting as part of a Supplier Relationship Management plan within specified category.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with all key suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Continuously optimize category through spend reduction and/or value enhancement, risk mitigation, and sustainability initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree Required (Master's Degree Preferred)
- 4+ Years - Experience in IT Engineering, Procurement, or another related field
- Proven ability to deliver value through effective negotiations at the enterprise level with experience leading negotiations across multiple indirect spend categories
- Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues across multiple groups and departmental to include technology, operations, finance, and legal