A multi-billion-dollar Meat Production company is looking for an Industrial Engineer at their site in Monterey, TN as well as at their site in Washington, IN. The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing studies to improve facility efficiency and leading continuous improvement efforts! They will also work to train and supervise associates in new methods and procedures. This role is with an extremely stable company focused on developing employees for advancement opportunities!
- Identifies areas for and implements studies beneficial to improving facility efficiency. Determines proper methods that promote conservation of product, labor, materials, costs, safety, ergonomic stresses and equipment.
- Develops and maintains standards and controls for production shrinks, yields, machine capacities and efficiency, manning and operating strategy from raw material receipt to finished goods.
- Plant coordinator with research and development, operations management and financial analysis, on the development and successful implementation of all new products or processes at the plant level through.
- Trains and supervises training of associates in new methods and procedures implemented in operation and develop materials and procedures for training.
- Analyzes, models, evaluates, simulates, tests, obtains approval and implements plant layouts, modifications and relocations of facilities utilizing various software packages including but not limited to the following: Excel, Lotus, simulation packages and AutoCAD. Maintains plant layouts in AutoCAD.
- Assists in the identification, selection, obtaining and installing equipment and/or improved operating procedures for the plant.
- Four-year accredited Degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering preferred)
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- High-level of analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Self-motivated, with a focus on upward mobility!