A growing chemical manufacturing industry leader is currently seeking an Indirect Sourcing Manager to join their team in the Chicagoland area. This pivotal role will be responsible for managing and developing procurement strategy for multiple indirect categories, with a focus on CAPEX, MRO, and general services. You will balance strategy with execution to optimize costs, lead negotiations, and enhance supplier relationships. This role provides plentiful opportunities for domestic travel, high visibility, and internal growth.
The Indirect Sourcing Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing category strategy for indirect goods and services, primarily CAPEX, MRO, and broader services, as well as IT, Energy, HR, etc.
- Working as an individual contributor on a team with a $600M total spend following a strategic global transformation towards centralization.
- Overseeing key supplier relationships and contract negotiation, especially regarding cost, quality, service, and delivery commitments.
- Leading strategy development for risk management and supplier enablement to maximize spend transactions, avoid disruptions, and reduce costs.
- Conducting global strategic sourcing projects with approx. 300M spend responsibility across categories.
The Indirect Sourcing Manager should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 9+ years of experience in primarily indirect procurement/purchasing.
- Proficiency in procurement software and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; SAP strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of leading strategic decision making, complex negotiation, and cost reduction on a global scale.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational abilities with strong financial acumen.
- Opportunities for internal growth and development with high stability, autonomy, and visibility.
- This role is eligible for competitive base, bonus, PTO, insurance, and retirement benefits.
- On-site just west of Chicago, IL with later opportunities for hybrid flexibility.
- 10-20% domestic travel.
If you are interested in the Indirect Sourcing Manager role, do not hesitate to apply today!